BREATHE HOSPICE RESPIRATORY CARE PROGRAM
Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease, (COPD) is a progressive and irreversible condition. If your symptoms of COPD or other advanced respiratory illness are making it increasingly difficult for you to do the things you want to do, it may be time to make the transition to our respiratory care program. Our program will:
- Reduce hospital visits and unnecessary crises.
- Manage your symptoms from the comfort and safety of your home.
- Reduce anxiety and fear of breathlessness.
Breathe has been developed by Hudson Valley Hospice, with collaboration from one of the area’s leading pulmonologists, to provide care at home for patients with end stage COPD, or other respiratory diseases such as pulmonary fibrosis, interstitial lung disease, or bronchiectasis.
HOW DOES BREATHE WORK?
- An individualized plan of care is developed with your doctor to manage your symptoms and meet your needs.
- You have access to our Registered Nursing Staff 24/7 for help with handling emergencies.
- You have regularly scheduled home visits from specially trained medical staff.
- You will receive respiratory therapies and services that address comfort and quality of life.
- Specialized respiratory equipment, medications, and oxygen will be provided as recommended by your doctor.
- You will have access to all of Hudson Valley Hospice's services, including Music Therapy, volunteer services, home health aides, and spiritual and emotional support.
WHAT IS MY NEXT STEP?
Talk with your family and your doctor about changing the focus of your care. You have unique needs -- and Hudson Valley Hospice can help you address your distressing symptoms while offering support your family.
Start the Breathe program as soon as possible to ensure the best quality of life for yourself and your loved ones.
Breathe services are covered by Hospice Medicare, Medicaid, Veteran’s Benefits, and most insurance plans.
For more information, please call us at 845.485.2273.