If your symptoms are making it increasingly difficult for you to do the things you want to do, and if your medications are no longer really effective, it may be time to make the transition to our Heart-to-Heart Cardiac Hospice Palliative Care Program.
Heart-to-Heart is a specialized home care program designed to improve the quality of life for people with advanced heart disease. Developed in collaboration with the area's leading cardiologists, this program helps reduce hospital visits and unnecessary crises by providing ways to manage your symptoms at home (your own home, your nursing home, or wherever you choose):
- Your symptoms are managed through an individualized plan of care, with the participation of your doctor.
- You have regularly scheduled home visits from a specially trained cardiac nurse, as well as access to our 24/7 on-call emergency staff.
- You have specialized medications in your home, as well as any necessary equipment.
- You may access other services such as music therapy, and spiritual and emotional support services.
- If necessary, a respiratory therapist is available to help you with specialized equipment.
Heart-to-Heart services are covered by Hospice Medicare, Medicaid, Veteran’s Benefits, and most insurance plans. Financial assistance may also be available.
For more information, please call us at 845.485.2273 ext 1123.